The Shire Horse Forum Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Walton Supreme View next topic
View previous topic
horsefodder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for your kind words, I rode Jack for the first time this weekend, we know he hasnt even been sat on for the last 3 years, and previous to that we know little of his training.

Well I can honestly say a very nice boy, very good on the road, steering a little vague but has an idea of what to do, a good forward walk, he didnt understand a request to trot, so I decided a steady trundle was worth encouraging, we hope he will be available for the school visits in the spring
horsefodder

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everyone, Jack now has a full set of shoes thanks to a very patient farrier, we have mastered trot and have managed a couple of canters, he is totally adorable, and has been on show at the farm for school visits, he coped well with hoards of children!

Our Suffolk mare has just returned form colic surgery so Jack has had a rest while we have been very busy nursing the mare and foal, hopefully I can get him out again soon
horsefodder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, a quick update, Mare and foal doing well so far, and I have been out on Jack cantering across fields, he just loves it!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic