The Shire Horse Forum Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 How big will my young shire get? View next topic
View previous topic
Jessie-Caa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello!
My names Jess and I have a 4year old pure shire horse gelding called Stanley I love him to bits, I brought him last November and he's grown an 1 1/2inch in that time. His sire was 18.3 and his dam was 18.1 1/2 and I would like to know how big you guys think he may reach? He is just over 17hands ATM but I'm hoping for 18hands but I'm worried 😂 Ive been told by a few that he will reach it but I though id ask a few who actually know the breed, I've been told they grow till they are 8🤔!? I've had horses for 7years but have never owned a shire horse so I am new to them, any advice on estimated height would be appreciated ❤️

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jessie-Ceaa wrote:
Hello!
My names Jess and I have a 4year old pure shire horse gelding called Stanley I love him to bits, I brought him last November and he's grown an 1 1/2inch in that time. His sire was 18.3 and his dam was 18.1 1/2 and I would like to know about probolan 50 how big you guys think he may reach? ❤️

Not too big I'm sure.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic