The Shire Horse Forum Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Stiff Legs View next topic
View previous topic
BigBum
Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Everyone,

Just looking for some advice really, Coster as most of you will know retired very early due to his medical issues, I am unable to work him at all due to his breathing. I have noticed that when he is laying down in his stable at night and gets up (he gets up easily) his rather stiff on his bag legs, I actually think its his hocks. His legs look as though when his turning around like they are staying straight so he hobbles around if that makes sense?? Once his been up a couple of minutes his absolutely fine.

Connor my Shire x gets stiff in his back legs and I have him on Rose Hips to help, with this and exercise he is perfect, and he does not need the rosehips in summer as does not suffer at all.

But Coster I thought I would check, I could give him the rosehips but thought someone may have another suggestion, I dont want him in pain obviously so anything I can give him to help would be great, his fine in every other sense can have a good gallop around the field never lame etc its just once up in his stable.
God I love that horse Very Happy
BOGGIT
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi BB
Sorry to hear that costa is feeling it in the mornings Sad
Have you checked out global herbs they have a phone line so you can speak to them and I have used several of their products over the years and they do what they say on the tin Smile

Senior Friend
Senior Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Boggit,
Thanks for your reply, yes I use Global Herbs already as an aid for his breathing. They are fantastic, without their magic stuff he really struggles to trot without a gasp. On their powder he can have a really good powder and be fine Smile Will have a look into it, his such a pampered baby Smile
BOGGIT
Friend for Life
Friend for Life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Think i remember you putting up a thread sometime back! Glad it helps Smile am sure they will have something in the range that will help Smile And what's wrong with being pampered may I ask lol x

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic